The Education Facilities Company Limited is comprised of the following Divisions:
- Legal/Corporate Secretariat
- Information and Communications Technology
- Human Resource
- Events and Office Management
- Internal Audit
- Technical Services/Project Management
Minister of Education, Dr the Honourable Nyan Gadsby-Dolly
Minister in the Ministry of Education, The Honourable Lisa Morris-Julian
WHO WE ARE?
The Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GORTT) established the Education Facilities Company Limited (EFCL) as a Special Purpose State Enterprise (SPSE) on March 11, 2005; operations officially began on August 2, 2005.
EFCL is a Project Management Organisation that delivers, repairs and maintains educational institutions from the Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) level to the Primary and Secondary levels. As an Orgnisation EFCL uses modern, innovative technology in its operations and aims to deliver all of its projects on time and within cost and specification.
EFCL’s mandates are derived from its supporting role in the achievement of the Ministry of Education’s strategic goals and objectives.
The educational institutions constructed under the Project Management of EFCL are state-of-the-art and equipped with the world’s finest age-appropriate, modern, ergonomic furniture and equipment. Schools constructed under EFCL can be described as truly enabling learning environments.
EFCL mandates are:
1. To project manage the national School Construction Programme. This mandate has been assigned to EFCL since its formation in 2005.
2. To project manage and execute the annual School Repairs and Maintenance Programme; assigned March 31 2008
3. To project manage and execute the Furnishing and Equipment Programme; assigned January 1 2009
4. To project manage the Annual Textbook Rental Programme; assigned February 9 2010
EFCL AND ITS IMPACT ON TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
EFCL continues to contribute to and shape the national landscape. As an Organisation EFCL:
- Builds communities by providing learning spaces for students from the Early Childhood level to the Primary and Secondary levels.
- Contributes to economic growth and development by providing business opportunities for small and medium enterprises.
- Strives to provide a safe, comfortable learning environment for teachers to teach and students to learn.
Under the Project Management of EFCL a total of one hundred sixteen (116) new facilities have been constructed as follows: eighty one (81) Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Centres, twenty seven (27) Primary Schools and eight (8) Secondary Schools.
EFCL also undertook eighteen (18) special Primary School projects which incorporated the use of pre-engineered solutions or conventional structures for the re-construction of new classroom blocks. These eighteen (18) special Primary School projects were used to replace blocks damaged by fire, as well as, new blocks for additional student capacity and replacement for structures deemed unfit for occupation.
Three (3) special Secondary School projects were also undertaken which involved the construction of fourteen (14) Pre-engineered Classrooms, a Science Laboratory and a Multi Purpose Hall.
Additionally, in excess of eight thousand (8,000) Repairs and Maintenance jobs have been executed under the Project Management of EFCL
To be the Project Management Company of choice
To deliver and maintain modern building facilities utilizing best practices in Project Management.
Technologically advanced design, planning and implementation.
EDUCATION FACILITIES COMPANY LIMITED
Fulfilling the National goal and targets of Education for all.
Empowering the nation’s youth to dream without limitations.
Building & maintaining National educational centers.