The Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GORTT) established the Education Facilities Company Limited (EFCL) as a Special Purpose State Enterprise (SPSE) on March 11, 2005; operations officially began on August 2, 2005.
EFCL is a Project Management Organisation that delivers, repairs and maintains educational institutions from the Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) level to the Primary and Secondary levels. As an Orgnisation EFCL uses modern, innovative technology in its operations and aims to deliver all of its projects on time and within cost and specification.
EFCL's mandates are derived from its supporting role in the achievement of the Ministry of Education’s strategic goals and objectives.
EFCL mandates are:
1. To project manage the national School Construction Programme. This mandate has been assigned to EFCL since
its formation in 2005.
2. To project manage and execute the annual School Repairs and Maintenance Programme; assigned March 31 2008
3. To project manage and execute the Furnishing and Equipment Programme; assigned January 1 2009
4. To project manage the Annual Textbook Rental Programme; assigned February 9 2010
5. The educational institutions constructed under the Project Management of EFCL are state-of-the-art and equipped
with the world's finest age-appropriate, modern, ergonomic furniture and equipment.
Schools constructed under EFCL can be described as truly enabling learning environments.
EFCL AND ITS IMPACT ON TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
EFCL continues to contribute to and shape the national landscape. As an Organisation EFCL:
1. Builds communities by providing learning spaces for students from the Early Childhood level to the Primary and
2. Contributes to economic growth and development by providing business opportunities for small and medium
3. Strives to provide a safe, comfortable learning environment for teachers to teach and students to learn.
EFCL has spearheaded Trinidad and Tobago’s thrust in upgrading the present stock of School infrastructure. Through EFCL, a wholly owned Government State Enterprise, one hundred and thirty three (133) new school facilities have been constructed and outfitted in Trinidad and Tobago since the formation of the Organisation. This figure comprises eighty five (85) Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Centres, forty (40) Primary Schools and eight (8) Secondary Schools. Additionally, in excess of eight thousand (8,000) Repairs and Maintenance jobs have been executed.